Everoze is different. We’re more than just a technical and commercial consultancy, specialising in renewables, storage, green hydrogen and wider energy flexibility. We live our values. We’re passionate about accelerating the transition to a decarbonised energy system. We have no bosses or formal hierarchy. We are free to pursue opportunities that deliver our strategy. We take ownership of our own development and support one another along the way. Our pay is transparent and set by our peers. We, the employees, own the company and we share profits equally.
We’re OK with being different. Everoze isn’t for everyone. But it might just be for you…
We’re excited to be hiring a Senior Consultant to advise clients on battery storage projects and the wider energy flexibility sector.
- Package: A competitive salary plus pension scheme, annual profit share and route into company ownership.
- Deadline for applications: 10th January 2024
- Location: Preference for Paris or Lyon, otherwise any of our offices (Glasgow, Bristol, Madrid), with healthy level of flexible for home working. Remote working can be considered particularly for experienced candidates.
- Hours: Normal office hours with a healthy level of flexibility. Preference for 5 days per week but will consider candidates who would prefer part-time with a minimum of 3 days equivalent per week.
- Application process: Please apply through the Applied platform which we have selected to avoid the potential for unconscious bias in the candidate selection process. Everoze is committed to diversity and equal opportunities.
Everoze is at the heart of grid-connected battery storage. We recognise that this industry is so new and fast-growing and that we may miss some fantastic candidates if we only seek those with existing knowledge in the storage sector. Therefore we are looking for someone who has strong consultancy skills plus wider energy sector experience, which they now want to apply to energy storage.
Note that we have a parallel opening for a senior consultant to focus on the UK market. If this is more suited to you, the link for this is at the bottom of the advert.
- We are owned by the employees and offer a route into ownership for all new staff;
- Everoze is its people: Whilst very profitable, we are not solely motivated by the bottom line and we care deeply about our culture and people, which, as a consultancy, make up virtually all of what Everoze is. Whilst we do not grow for growth’s sake, we nevertheless have grown quite rapidly, mostly out of enthusiasm for what we do. We set up shop with 6 partners in September 2015. Now we’re 85 strong and counting, based across the UK, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Singapore and Australia;
- A flexible approach: We believe that a strong and healthy work life needs a strong a healthy home life. We encourage flexible working practices for all to be there for the kids’ swim lessons, a favourite hobby or learning new skills. Many of our partners work part time or adopt other flexible ways of working to achieve this balance within our self-managed structure.
- A fast-growth environment: We set up shop with 6 partners in September 2015. Now we’re 85 strong and counting, based across the UK, France, Spain, Australia & Singapore.
- The flattest of flat organisations: Let’s be upfront: if you thrive on hierarchy and structure, Everoze isn’t the company for you. But if you are looking for a work environment where the strength of your ideas are valued as much as your years of experience, then welcome home. You’ll be given the freedom and autonomy to shape your own career; it’s not for everyone, and with freedom comes responsibility – but we sure enjoy the buzz of owning our own careers;
- Fostering entrepreneurship: If you have a good idea for a new business area, we empower you to follow it. OK, lots of companies say that, right? Well, many of our staff are actively involved in new ventures which have led to creating new companies or lines of work. We’re serious about this and we have systems for selecting new opportunities and a budget for investing in them.
What you will be doing:
Specific activities will include:
- Due diligence. Examining multiple aspects of utility-scale battery storage projects (in isolation or combined with renewable generation) covering the technology, design, project agreements, contracts, financial model etc. The purpose of your review will be to check that the projects are coherent and to identify techno-commercial risks. Your review work feeds into the acquisition and financing of projects, portfolios or companies and you will be in direct communication with the project developer and the financial institutions involved;
- Project support. Supporting project owners in the process of specifying and procuring battery systems and with technical support through detailed design, construction and commissioning. During project procurement our support might include work such as advising on the procurement strategy, running the procurement process and supporting contract negotiation from a techno-commercial perspective. After equipment procurement we often get involved in helping to solve technical problems and issues, particularly as the project approaches commissioning;
- Site visits. Visiting sites to witness on-site testing, check the quality of builds and liaising with the owner, operator and contractors to follow progress and identify design or construction issues;
- Strategic. Helping Everoze to enter into new storage markets across Europe – particularly in Italy and Spain;
- Winning work. Building client relationships and expanding our business;
- Taking the lead. On the above types of projects, taking on a Project Manager or Project Director role on large and complex projects.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- A strong technical degree from a leading university;
- Significant technical experience in the electricity generation, renewables or energy storage / flexibility sectors;
- Professional spoken and written level English and either French or Italian (with preference for Italian)
- You possess excellent consultancy skills, such as such as efficient communication, client orientation, multitasking and broad commercial awareness;
- You enjoy working as part of a team and supporting colleagues.
- You are equally comfortable being either a team leader or a team member, as the project or initiative dictates.
Nice-to-haves, any of the following:
- In depth technical knowledge of energy storage systems or renewable technologies;
- Experience in owners engineering, construction monitoring or asset management
- Experience in contract and supply chain negotiations, project financing, M&A…
- Knowledge or experience of energy markets, aggregation etc.
- You share our core beliefs of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality;
You are excited to work in an open, non-hierarchical environment;
- You are self-motivated and will take advantage of the autonomy to shape your own career;
- You want to use your skills to change our energy system for the better.
How to apply
Everoze embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. For this reason we are only accepting applications for this position made through the BeApplied platform which is designed to avoid any unconscious bias. You will be asked to answer 3-5 short questions designed to give you the opportunity to demonstrate the core skills we are looking for. These will be reviewed anonymously, before reviewing your CV, your details or even your name, and the highest scoring applicants will be invited for interview.
To make an application please follow this link: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/7glifan6mz
Link to the UK focused position: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/hb2nywbeb6
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com