Opportunities in Power Generation- French Markets Expert
We set out to build the world’s most trusted consulting firm – creating lasting impact for clients and pioneering a positive, people-first way of working. We work with everyone from FTSE 100 names to bright new start-ups, in every sector.
You’ll find us collaborating shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients, from the big picture right down to the detail: helping them define their strategy, deliver complex change, spot the right commercial opportunities, manage risk or bring their purpose and sustainability goals to life. Our clients love how we get to know what makes their businesses tick – slotting seamlessly into their teams and being proudly geeky about solving their challenges.
We have hubs in Europe, the US, Asia and Australia, and we work all around the world – from a wind farm in Wyoming to a boardroom in Berlin. Find us wherever there’s a challenge to be tackled and an impact to be made.
Baringa believe that diversity is paramount to driving creativity, innovation, and value for our clients and for our people, and creating an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging is central to our culture.
This role could be based from one of our offices in London, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Rotterdam or Brussels.
What will you be doing?
You will be working at the forefront of the energy sector alongside market specialists with deep industry knowledge where you will be able to deploy and then broaden your skill set and sector expertise.
Our power market advisory team gives our clients an unparalleled combination of energy market expertise and commercial insight. We are proud to work with the foremost policymakers, regulators, investors, developers, lenders and energy companies operating globally across the energy supply chain. Led by a Senior Management Team respected as Thought Leaders within the industry, we help our clients shape, define and implement change in energy markets.
We advise the organisations at the heart of this transformation, providing economic, commercial and strategic consulting to energy companies, financial institutions, governments and regulators. Examples of our work include company and asset valuations for mergers and acquisitions, optimising portfolios from fuel contracting to generation dispatch, developing hedging strategies for vertically integrated energy companies, and advising government on the costs and benefits of different future energy policy options.
So, what are we looking for?
We recruit individuals at all levels based on merit. If you can demonstrate some of the skills we are after we would love to hear from you. Some of the key skills we are looking for:
The professionalism of our individuals, partnership approach to engagement and comprehensive package has created a truly unique consultancy. We believe in genuine partnerships and create client relationships, driven by results. If you want to be part of this entrepreneurial environment and want to help make a difference to our business, your opportunity is now!
We are looking for a candidate with experience particularly in French power markets to join our industry leading power market advisory team. You will be well versed in the economic fundamentals of wholesale electricity markets, and passionate about addressing the challenges of the rapidly changing energy sector. Ideally, you will have experience in modelling and appraising different forms of power generation across Europe. The ideal candidates will have experience in some of the following:
- An understanding or interest of wholesale power markets, power market analysis, regulation and market design, gained in French markets.
- Analytical skills applied to wholesale electricity market fundamentals, market modelling.
- Experience in the commercial structures, assessing routes to market for power generation assets and designing business models in energy markets.
- The ability to take ownership and contribute to the delivery of results in client-facing environments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a track record of effective team working.
- The ability to manage projects day-to-day and oversee inputs / outputs from the modelling team.
- Languages: English (essential) and speaking another European language would be advantageous
So, what’s in it for you?
Well, it’s up to you. Baringa is what you make it.
- Promotion is solely based on your own performance, and we give you every opportunity to progress by having four promotional reviews a year
- We’re proud to put people first with wellbeing at the forefront of our culture, one example of this is that every employee receives £300 a year to put towards their wellbeing! In 2022 this was recognised in our #1 ranking in the UK’s Great Place To Work ‘Best Workplaces for Wellbeing’.
- All employees participate in the Baringa Group Profit Share Scheme, which seeks to ensure that everyone has a stake in the success of the company.
- We recognise everyone needs a well-deserved break – As such we have introduced the ‘Re-charge’ benefit meaning Baringa will offer all employees an additional 2 weeks of paid leave after 5 years continuous service.
- Lastly, we recognise the importance of work-life balance and we know that the ‘ideal’ balance will vary from person to person and will change at different stages of our working lives. If you require flexible working, please talk to one of our Recruiters about the flexibility you may need.
Diversity & Inclusion
All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, faith or social background. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We would like to actively encourage applications from those who identify with less represented and minority groups. We do not filter applications by university background and encourage those who have taken alternative educational and career paths to apply.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter baringa.csod.com.